Careers at Christy
Managing and developing a range of independent and key retailers across the territory including linen's and home stores, gift stores, garden centres, hospitality/hotel & tourist attractions. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a successful career within sales in one of the following sectors – housewares, home textiles, garden or gift.
Experience working with brands is desirable. The ability to build a strong rapport with your accounts is essential as well as a desire to grow the area through targeted new business development.
Maintaining and growing sales in existing accounts as well as onboarding of and developing new business in accounts that are aligned to the needs of the business and brand.
- Developing customer relationships with all customers & ensure regular communication.
- Implement agreed promotional activity to meet diverse customer requirements.
- Achieve sales & margin in line with budget.
-Prepare budgets & sales forecasting & monitoring sales performance against target for the UK & export.
-Presenting, placing and successfully listing the companies range of branded product offering in existing and targeted trade partners, as well as developing bespoke ranges to suit customer needs.
-Sales forecasting & reporting
-Oversee sales administration manager to ensure critical path is managed for on-time delivery and follow-up customer service.
- Independent customers both on line and Off line
- Managing AIS Customers
Skills and Competencies
- Proven track record in sales for over 5 years +
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills to establish positive relationships and credibility.
- IT literate, used to working on Excel.
- Good organisation ability, planning and analytical skills.
- Financial understanding with costing experience and ability to work with budgets & margins.
- Proven track record in forecasting and strong budgeting skills.
- Self-motivated, pro-active and able to resolve problems.
- Ability to travel within the UK (approx. 2 days per week).
- Ability to travel overseas for circa 2 weeks at a time to attend and support at trade shows.
- Full clean Driving Licence.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Profitability and Sales Strategy
1. Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales proportions for regions and territories
2. Projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products
3. Plan and drive initiatives in the assigned region for sales and revenue generation
4. Maintain sales volume, product mix and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators and competitors
5. Development and expansion of market reach with new customer relationships
6. Establish and adjust selling prices by monitoring costs, competition and supply and demand
Sales Channel creation and Key stakeholder relations
1. Identify and appoint Sales channel with a view to increase the market outreach
2. Develop and maintain relationships with key channel partners with a view to establish Welspun Flooring brand in UK
3. Create strong relationships with key stake holders like architects, designers and Interior designers at individual and at organisational level to obtain right references for the product with a view to gain share of business
Collaboration and Business review
1. Collaborate with the regularly with the team on various policies, processes and guidelines with respect to Welspun Flooring products
2. Participate in regular team reviews
3. Understand and effectively communicate the company's value proposition, process and current partnerships with the team
4. Ensure adoption and usage of sales force with a view to set standard performance review mechanism
5. Work closely with colleagues on cross-territory opportunities and other internal teams on marketing materials and cause studies
6. Maintain sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees. As well as counselling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring and appraising job results
4 Market Connect
1. Manage and implement the sales forecasting, planning and buyer driven sales and marketing processes, establishing high levels of quality, accuracy and process consistency for the sales and marketing organization
2. Determine annual unit and gross-profit plans by implementing marketing strategies; analysing trends and results
3. Reporting and analytics on the competitive landscape and market trends