Careers at Christy
Job Title: Sourcing and Product Development Manager
Location: Office based, Stockport
Full time, Monday to Friday: 36.25 hours
Salary: Depends on experience
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Sourcing and Product Development Manager to join our Product Team at our head office in Stockport.
In conjunction with the Design PD, Merchandising and Logistics teams you will contribute to the sourcing and development of product across the Christy brand portfolio, from design brief stage, through the whole product development process, to “ready to buy” status and delivery to our 3PL or the customer.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Manage vendor base performance and selection in conjunction with Head of PD and Quality Manger
· Product development
· International Freight costs and performance
· Communicate with a global supply base in a professional and accurate way, verbally and in writing.
· Brief factories and keep abreast of factory developments in line with the critical path.
· Support Design team, from design brief to shipment, including tracking, checking and feeding back on samples.
· Manage the sample process and be aware of any costs incurred.
· Ensure quality of product by assessing with the Design team and signing off products prior to bulk production.
· Request and negotiate best costs to contribute to business target margins.
· Communicate and present costs and product details internally, including to senior management.
· Maintain range plans with product costs and details.
· Set up new lines on internal systems, liaising with the Merchandiser and Supply Team to ensure the correct information is input.
· Create production specs once developments have been signed off.
· Liaise with Sales and Wholesale teams, and key customers when required on ‘made to order’ and exclusive product outside of main ranges.
· Liaise with 3PL Coordinating Manager
· Carry out market research and competitor analysis.
· Plan and organise meetings as required internal and external as required.
· Liaise with Marketing Team in preparation for trade shows and photo shoots.
· Assist in preparation of price lists for trade shows and sales team.
· Minimum of 10 years practical knowledge and previous experience in International Sourcing of textiles preferably Home Textiles, product development. A solid experience in towels or bedlinen would be a distinct advantage.
· Preferably educated to degree level.
· Organised with excellent time management skills.
· Able to work under pressure in fast paced environment.
· Confident and clear communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Intermediate IT skills – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, ability to familiarize with internal systems quickly.
Dress down Friday.
3pm Finish on a Friday
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to our HR Manager at [email protected]